Ziptility Receives Runner Up Award From Audience In Global Water Pitch Competition
Ziptility was recently named one of 13 startups in the Imagine H20 Global Water Accelerator Program. The other companies that were apart of the program were diverse across the founding teams and products, but similar in their desire and innovative approaches to solving global water challenges.
Dante Cook, Ziptility, Co-Founder spoke on behalf of the company and shared about the company's mission of empowering utility crews and operators with it's infrastructure management app.
Utility Operators in rural towns are faced with increasing struggles from managing widespread infrastructure, with a shrinking revenue base, high employee turnover, and old paper records to manage their utility knowledge capture processes.
Problems are compounded because Utilities often have Information Gaps in their data. Someone knew valuable information, and someone else who needed that info, couldn't access it.
Seeing this problem, Ziptility built a solution that is as powerful as legacy enterprise solutions like ESRI, but as flexible and nimble as paper.
Realizing America's Water Infrastructure crisis will not be solved by GIS consultants and analysts sitting behind a desk, Ziptility created an intuitive map to manage all of a utility's infrastructure, for the utility crews doing the work.
Ziptility highlighted the fact that, their customers haven't skipped a beat during the Coronavirus pandemic because of the software's ability to allow utility management remotely. Utilities are able to ditch paper locates, work orders, maintenance logs, and mapping in a single intuitive solution.
Here were a few customer quotes that they shared:
- "Emergencies happen. When they do, Ziptility allows us to react quickly and keep our customer safe" - Audi Findley, Town of Greenville
- "We’re being asked to know more and more about our systems. Ziptility helps us make sure we've always got the answers." - Randy Jackson, Logansport Municipal Utilities
- "I can't be everywhere at once. Ziptility helps me be sure everyone's making decisions from the same information." - Bill Jones, Edinburgh Utilities
- "We downloaded the app and within minutes, we were out using it. If you can use Facebook, you can use Ziptility." - Scott Siders, Town of Lagro
- "We can do a whole day's work without making a single trip to the office. Everything we need is on our phones." - Andrew Shreve, Ellis Water Company
If you'd like to learn more about the application, you can see a comprehensive list of features and benefits here. If you'd like to learn more about the company please read this blog post, outlining our mission.
Ziptility is proud to be a member of such a prestigious program like Imagine H20, and to be considered among high quality entrepreneurs.
Here are list of the other companies that are also part of the 2020 Cohort that you should follow.